It’s been a while since I’ve written. I’m the same weight — 215 pounds. I have been running on Saturdays only. I’ve been on vacation this week and it has been so nice to watch movies and relax. Yesterday I saw the new Star Wars in the theater.
I’ve been pretty sedentary during the week. Today I went on a 9-mile bike ride around town with my family. It was fun and got the endorphins going. I don’t usually make New Year’s resolutions but I feel inspired to make some this year. My goals for 2016:
- Stay active – train for races, run with friends, join Galloway for 2016.
- Mind my own business. (Do not involve myself in unhealthy extended family dramas).
- Be kinder to my family and friends — Especially my immediate family who I tend to snap at at times and lose patience.
- Refrain from gossip.
- Read more books.
- Plant more flowers.
- Spend more time with friends.
- Plan more date nights with husband.
- Try new recipes.
- Redo some rooms in the house and organize closets.
- Complain less. Appreciate more.
- Lose 40 pounds by counting calories on MyFitnessPal and focusing on good nutrition.
In the midst of some extended family turmoil (I have a close family member with substance abuse, and I have involved myself in an unhealthy situation.) I am very optimistic for 2016. I know that I can open my door or close my door whenever I need to. I can create healthy boundaries. I can be mindful and I have choices. I know that I have the power to create my own life and can leave the drama behind. I am so incredibly thankful for my husband who is calm and steadfast and sees the big picture. My children are wonderful. I have many great friends. I have so much to be thankful for.